5 Reasons to Invest in Property for Sale in Koh Samui
A short flight from Bangkok and you reach the sparkling shores of stunning Koh Samui. The Gulf of Thailand island, with its laid-back ambiance, seems a million miles away from the capital. With property regulations ensuring Samui’s natural beauty is not ruined by rampant development and high-rise blots on the landscape, there is still a lot of variety within the island’s real-estate market, to suit all types of property buyers and a multitude of budgets.
If you’re considering investing in an island property here are ‘5 Reasons to Invest in Property for Sale in Koh Samui’:
1. You live in Bangkok: Get out of the city of pollution and breathe in some sea air. Every urbanite needs a holiday home that inspires wellbeing and reminds you of the true beauty of Thailand. Imagine a massage by the shore as the sun sets followed by a sundowner and an al fresco dinner. Koh Samui is the perfect antidote to city living and Thais and expats invest in island life.
2. You want to retire: With its relatively low cost of living, affordable properties, gorgeous destinations and friendly people, Thailand attracts many retirees from abroad. The divine sunny days, amazing food and relaxed vibe found in Samui is special. Whilst some islands are exquisite too, they often lack the infrastructure and the facilities that Samui has. This means they can soon become boring, whereas Koh Samui has more to offer.
3. You want to set up a tourist business in Thailand: Samui attracts holidaymakers who have the disposable income to invest in experiential travel. This gives lots of scope to invest in activity-focused businesses, wellbeing and hospitality.
4. You are a tourist: Many vacationers visit Thailand, fall in love and want to invest in a holiday property by the sea so they can come back time and again as well as invite family and friends too. This also offers great opportunities for vacation rentals when the property’s not being used as well a return on investment if the property’s ever sold in the future too.
5. You want a vacation rental business: Forget focusing on backpackers and even flashpackers, Koh Samui also attracts the upscale market and offers a lot of scope for low-budget to high-end accommodations. Samui is a large island and yet its gorgeous beaches often retain a secluded vibe, with the main tourist throngs gathering on main beaches such as Chaweng.